Thursday, April 25, 2019

Cisco CLI - weird issue with character being added to end of line

I have seen this a few times in the past on several different Cisco switch models and versions, both old and new, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

A good example of this is the below command, which I was running on a few switches yesterday:

snmp-server group example v3 priv access ACL_EX_SNMPv3​

When I enter this, in bulk with a few other commands such as creating ACLs, adding ACEs, and removing old redundant SNMPv2 config and SNMP traps, the below always happens and therefore doesn't create the group, meaning the following SNMP user creation and association to the group doesn't work:

switch(config)#snmp-server group example v3 priv access ACL_EX_SNMPv3b^@

When I then press the up arrow on my keyboard, I see the below:

switch(config)#snmp-server group example v3 priv access ACL_EX_SNMPv3b

I am copying my config from Notepad++, so there aren't any weird characters at the end that would be causing this (no spaces, or anything else weird). It has also done the above with the following config:

no ip access-list standard 10

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?



No comments:

Post a Comment