Monday, April 1, 2019

Centurylink/Level 3 - Can't provision Fiber

There's a site that I'm looking at that has an old Level 3 fiber circuit going to it. Since Centurylink bought Level 3 it took awhile for me to track down the correct department to inquire about activating the circuit and providing DIA or Transport to a POP.

After a week of waiting I got the following message back from the rep I've been speaking to about this location:

I truly do apologize as this process has been dragged for more than what I expected. According to my Engineering group the  “NATIONAL” fiber in this area is Long Haul fiber which looks like what that tower might have been connected to and we don’t provision customers on this Fiber.

Unfortunately there is no way for us to provide the Gig Fiber around the budget your provided me.

Does anyone have a good contact at Centurylink that could look into this for be ? For this location, Level 3 was the only fiber circuit brought to the address and to bring someone else in I'd have to pay to cut into another long haul fiber (if that's even possible and it would be in the tens of thousands to do it.). I feel like the last two sentences contradict each other as well. You don't provision customers on this fiber but in the next sentence you can't do it within my budget? I asked for a 1G DIA circuit and stated my budget was no more than $1500/m or I'd like transport back to the POP w/ colocation service because I felt that might have been cheaper.

I kinda feel like I'm getting dicked around or I'm still not talking to the right person. I've been dealing with this for the past two weeks now and I'm running out of time. What do I do in this situation ? Is there another department to speak to directly at Centurylink ? Someone had to have had service at this location before. I just don't know the history of it but this is a first for me so idk what to do now.



No comments:

Post a Comment