Thursday, April 25, 2019

ASA Woes - NAT

This is an extension of the post yesterday, here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/bgirkd/vpn_site_to_site_tunnel_acl_woes/

​

​

​

While the tunnel itself is up, I found another fun problem. The remote network can ping my device, but there is zero response.

​

Here is a map with fake ip's:

​

<Host [10.10.10.1](https://10.10.10.1)\>--[Switch]--(CORE)--[Switch]--{ASA 10.20.1.0}--&Cloud&--{RemoteFirewall 10.30.1.0}--[Remote Network 172.16.1.0]

​

The portion that is currently functioning is marked bold. I think that what I am missing is a route from the host ip address to the ASA. I resolved the reverse. There is a route on the ASA to the host, and since there is a route on the core to the host, it works.

​

Problem: The remote network that I need to route to, exists on the local network. I am at a total loss as to what to do. I know that I need a route from the core to the ASA for my host to reach back, but that has nothing to do with my host.

​

The remote network, we'll call it 172.16.1.0, since it is on my network as well, I need a dummy. I assumed that meant using NAT somehow....?

​

On a fortigate, you put a range, and the the mapped IP. I'm not sure how that carries over if you're trying to set it on the inside interface and not the outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment