Thursday, March 7, 2019

What would you do (seeking opinions)

I have a sysadmin/pc repair shop/end user support background. Very hands on, busy all day etc...

Last year I landed my first network support role. (I've got CCNA R&S and Security).

Its a 3rd line network support role for a newly created "MSP"

We rarely get any calls (very slow paced), We don't manage the customer's networks directly nor we have documentation. and when an issue arises, they can be ANYTHING from a BGP peer down , to firepower configurations, Licensing issues (we're a cisco goldpartner), Nexus switches, WLAN controllers, IPT, etc... And the customer asking you to figure out an immediate solution for a network you don't even know on a device you're not familiar with.

I'm trying to do experience here, but I don't get enough hands on one particular field or set of devices to be effective at it when a P1 call comes through.

What sort of role would you recommend for a 22 year old that wants to do as much hands on as possible, have a solid understanding of networks from a practical point of view, and become very good at it?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.



No comments:

Post a Comment