Saturday, March 2, 2019

What would three Cisco certified techs (CCNA) argue about?

Sounds like the start of a joke but my company won't let me hire any network people for my team and we can only use vendors. They say it is because the network engineers in the past have always argued and called each other morons and said they are configuring equipment wrong.

We have a fairly simple network with 15 offices across three states using AT&T MPLS. 1 Cisco ISR 4321 & 1 Cisco Catalyst 2960 at each location.

So my question is what could they have been arguing about that is worth calling each other morons? My assumption is that it is just what VLAN numbers to use or if we should administratively disable ports or use port security?

I am just curious if I could convince my management that they were arguing just to cause office drama and we can trust Cisco certified techs. They are all trained to a best practices standard.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If this post is not allowed please remove it.



No comments:

Post a Comment