Thursday, March 28, 2019

WAN SDN Controllers

Does anyone have experience with WAN SDN Controllers? I've seen demos of NorthStar, but would like to see if there are others out there that have similar or better features. I'm trying to do some research into ODL, but can't find a lot of resources specific to SP networks and MPLS. Googling for WAN, SDN, and MPLS yields "SD-WAN vs MPLS" articles.

If anyone has first-hand experience with NorthStar, ODL, or other WAN SDN Controllers, what do you like/hate about them?

There's also a specific feature that I'm looking for. Let's say I have two diverse LSPs. I'd like to have packets with certain QOS markings take the LSP with the least amount of latency. As latency changes where the other LSP is now better by a certain value, then I'd like those packets to move to that LSP dynamically. Is this currently a possibility with open or vendor-specific solutions?



No comments:

Post a Comment