Friday, March 8, 2019

SIP E-SRST Configuration Help !

Hello Networking buddies,

I'm overwhelmed with the amount of information i'm gathering when looking for E-SRST configurations examples, and still not sure about what's mandatory and what's optional to make a solid working configuration

My goal is to make an SRST router retrieve in real time information from CUCM, and use it when the the WAN link is down between the main site and branch site

based on what's said in a Ciscopress article http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=2492950&seqNum=4

the mandatory configuration should include for example

# voice register global

# mode srst

# source-address X.X.X.X port 5060

# max-dn 6

# max-pool 10

# system message SRST Mode

There 's no Voice Register pool included there, So I thought that once the wan is down, SRST router will use the same adresses used when the WAN link was UP. at the same time I see other people in cisco forums using the same configuration with voice register pool and saying is a mandatory command, I'MCONFUSED

My goal is : make every phone work with CUCM when WAN is UP, once down, use the same settings when it was up and use pots in the SRST router

Can someone enlights that for me please ?

Thank you guys



No comments:

Post a Comment