Friday, March 29, 2019

SDWAN input for basic requirements

We have ~10 branches behind cookie-cutter Cisco ISRs on IPsec to our hub PA appliance.

These are small offices of no more than 15 users with minimal traffic loads. Mostly HTTPS and SMB.

I don't need to turn 4 commodity links into an MPLS-quality connection at each site. I don't need sub-second failover or WAN optimization (strictly speaking--I could probably benefit from it, but it's not a hard requirement).

My main goal is to simplify deployment and management.

Also interested in adding link failover/diversity (e.g., LTE) where it would be cost-effective. Anything else is nice-to-have but not required.

I hear good things about Silverpeak and Cradlepoint, but I'm not sure if those represent deployments that need more features and horsepower than our use-case.

Should I consider some vendors over others, given our requirements?



No comments:

Post a Comment