Saturday, March 9, 2019

Roll out of Unifi full portfolio

Hi I am a network guy who usually deals with PA,Cisco and HP. Right now I have been asked to roll out Unifi (60+ sites). From their AP’s to Switches to the USG series routers.

I have honestly said I might not be the right guy as I am more effective with other gear. But I got the job anyway as I am already familiar with the environment. In this case I don’t have to do any BGP or OSPF. Some IGMP, QoS at most and a ton of VPN’s or preferably VTI’s.

My question is what are the biggest do’s and don’ts with Unifi AP’s, Switches and firewalls. My WAN connections are all fiber from 100 to 1G.

I have some on-prem stuff not exceeding 10G. We are in the process to private cloud that anyway by end of the year.

Any help is welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment