Saturday, March 2, 2019

Python Automation for Dual-Stack Routed Access Design

Hey, folks! I've got a small Youtube channel where I demo network configuations, and most recently I've been documenting my progress in deploying Python scripts, using Ansible, etc. I posted my last video here, and was given good feedback so thought I'd post this one too. Disclaimer, I consider myself a total beginner to network automation, so if there's issues with the script, then you have my apologies haha.

The script is there for anyone to play around with or use and improve in any way they want.

My latest video is deploying a dual-stack configuration over a routed access design. The script connects over IPv6 to make IPv4 changes, and IPv4 to make IPv6 changes, so temporary drops in adjacencies do not affect reachability. The scripts starts with a basic EIGRP config to bootstrap general connectivity (I liken it to scaffolding) and is stripped away at the end when the final configs are applied.

If you just want to see the script in action skip to around 31 min 30 seconds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_6_-y6Upo

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment