Thursday, March 14, 2019

Port Flapping On Trunk

I retired a couple of old switches yesterday and replaced them with HP 1920s switches. They are on separate sides of a building. There are 2 Ethernet runs between these switches. I have ports 47 and 48 on each configured as below. The problem I'm having is that port 47 is going up and down and I can't figure out why, it didn't do this with the old switches. It it likely the configuration, or more likely a loose connection somehow?

The cable run didn't change. It's the same runs that were in place with the old switches.

If I take one end of the cable and plug it into a dumb unmanaged 5 port switch the link light stays solid like it's supposed to. That's what makes me think it might be a config issue, but I can't see that either. It's a simple config and I've used it in several other places.

interface 47 addport TRK 1 exit

interface 48 addport TRK 1 exit

interface TRK 1 no port-channel static spanning-tree port mode vlan participation include 10,20,30,40,50 vlan tagging 10,20,30,40,50 exit



No comments:

Post a Comment