Friday, March 15, 2019

PCAP Report/Dashboard

Hi there,

Today I was doing my biz with some PCAP files, Bro and was wondering “Man there’s gotta be a better way to do my report”. I’m a consultant, so I’m looking for something to pop on my laptop or hosted in the cloud somewhere.

I know I should invest in something like a ProfiShark, but I can do my captures just fine.

What are you guys using for my use case?

PS: I saw something using Kibana, but I don’t lnow, never tried it https://www.elastic.co/blog/analyzing-network-packets-with-wireshark-elasticsearch-and-kibana

EDIT: a better explanation below.

• ⁠You tap into a network and you end up with a bunch of packet captures • ⁠I want to feed these PCAP files to a tool that would create a dashboard, graphs, etc... of the captured traffic

Question: what do you use for your report for your analysis/dashboard? Or do you do everything manually?



No comments:

Post a Comment