Friday, March 15, 2019

OpenGear Console Server - Failover Interface

Hi All,

First time using an opengear console server. I have purchased CM7132-2-DAC (4.3.1 firmware) to provide OOB access to our networking devices. Everything is working great except for the failover interface. I have plugged NET1 and NET2 into our upstream switches, both ports are in the same VLAN on the switch side.

From RTFMing I believe I should be able to configure a single IP address which will be active on Net1. If Net1 fails / the probe address fails this IP should failover to Net2.

I've configured the Network interface with a static IP and set the failover interface to be the Management LAN interface (Net2) as well as the probe IPs: https://imgur.com/MmOoXRp
I've then tried to configure the Management LAN interface: https://imgur.com/scSg2Ad

If I try and use the same IP as I set on Net1 I receive an error saying it's already been used on Net1. If I leave this blank and try and shutdown Net1 nothing happens.

Am I miss-understanding how this works and Net2 needs its own unique IP meaning our operators would need to access this via the second IP in the event of failover? The manual isn't clear on this.



No comments:

Post a Comment