Thursday, March 28, 2019

Mellanox ConnectX-3 maybe waiting for User input?

Short version:

Did someone know an issue where the card needs a User input?

Long version:

I have a Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX311A 10G Network card in an AsRock X299E-ITX Motherboard installed. The card works fine in my main PC but the AsRok board is not able to boot with this card installed.

The board has only one 16x pcie connector and no additional onboard graphics card.

With another 4x card for testing, the system works fine.

I ask the AsRok support for Help and they provide me a special Bios version and ask me try some settings without success.

Now they are thinking, maybe the card is waiting for a user input on boot and this is maybe the reason the system will not start.

Did someone know an issue where the card needs a User input?



No comments:

Post a Comment