Saturday, March 2, 2019

Leviton Quickports or Monoprice Keystone help

I am having a hard time deciding to either using leviton cat6 Quickports or Monoprice Keystone jacks.

I previously installed 12 cat5e leviton Quickports to 6 of my rooms with leviton wallplates, and then 6 to my patch panels (2x12 ports) 3 years ago.

I am in the process of installing 14 runs of cat6 cable, so I'm going to need 28 Quickports/keystone jacks.

Part of me wants to keep everything consistent with my existing leviton infrastructure, since I already have the leviton quickport patch panel.

When I price the leviton build out I'm going to end up spending ~$150 just for 28 quickports, and Monoprice build out with all new keystone wallplates, 40 keystone jacks (10 cat5e, 24 cat6) and new patch panels will be ~$70

I feel like I'm falling victim to the sunk cost fallacy, since I want to keep it all leviton. Mainly due to how the leviton wall plates are aesthetically nicer to me, quickport patch panel is lower profile, and the 30 year warranty (but I'm not sure that even applies author since I'm not a leviton certified contractor)

Any input would be great. Right now I wish I would have used the Monoprice when I initially setup the cat5e jacks to make this decision easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment