Thursday, March 28, 2019

HP 5900 - Can't access management port

Hi,

I'm quite new to networking and I have set up two HPE 5940 switches in IRF.

Everything is working fine except that I am not able to access my management port... I have connected both management ports via cable to regular access ports in another VLAN in the same switch.

If I connect directly to the management port I can easily ping it and ssh into it but when I connect it to the access port I can not reach it it all, not even from the same VLAN. Other nodes connected the same way in the same VLAN are fine.

What is stopping me from connecting the management ports to access ports on itself?

interface M-GigabitEthernet0/0/0

ip binding vpn-instance MGMT

ip address 192.168.1.84 255.255.255.240

ip route-static vpn-instance MGMT 0.0.0.0 0 192.168.1.81 permanent



No comments:

Post a Comment