Saturday, March 9, 2019

How am I able to connect without VPN?

I have a server in my lab which I can only connect to using VPN (I use FortiClient for the connection, if that's important). I am on MacOS. I used to SSH using Terminal and used FileZilla for SFTP. Everything used to work as expected, i.e., I was only able to connect to the server (on both Terminal and FileZilla) while I was using the VPN. Now, I installed termius today. I connected to the VPN, SSHed to the server using termius, logged out after some time and then disconnected the VPN. Here's where the weird behavior starts. Now, I am able to log-in into the server without connecting to the VPN (both on termius and MacOS terminal). FileZilla, however, performs as expected -- it does not connect without VPN.

I don't understand how terminal and termius are now able to connect without the VPN. How do I go back to the old behavior?



No comments:

Post a Comment