Thursday, March 21, 2019

Help with Modifying "Via" and "Contact" Headers in SIP Messages on Cisco Voice Gateway

One of our SIP trunks starting giving us a one way audio issue earlier today after previously working without issue. When I contacted the telco they said the reason is because a private IP address is showing in these two fields and needs to be the public IP address. They say they do not know how it was working up to this point :) .

The SIP gateway is behind a firewall that is NATing it's private IP address to a public one but apparently this does not apply to the SIP messages themselves. I have taken my best guess at using the reg expressions to change them but I can't get it right.

I need these two fields:

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.19.6:5060;branch=z9hG4bKE157253B

Contact: <sip:##########@192.168.19.6:5060>

changed to reference a public IP addresses instead of private IP addresses.

Any suggestion on specifically what I need to apply in the sip-profile? I have already modified some of the other needed fields but that was more/less handled by instructions provided by the telco.

This is a Cisco 2900 series gateway.



No comments:

Post a Comment