Thursday, March 28, 2019

Help with Dell N3048EP-ON and IGMP

I've got an A/V system just put in from Crestron -- the NVX system. It uses multicast to send out all of its streams. The other NVX boxes are configured as receivers to connect to these streams.

I'm fairly certain I don't have IGMP configured correctly on my switch. The multicast traffic goes out, sure, and receivers can pick it up, but if I switch between sources enough, I get huge packet loss. I'm talking 10k packets a second. If I leave a good connection be, I get 0 packet loss.

I've setup the querier for the VLAN it is on to be the management IP for that VLAN, as I'm not using an mrouter. I have immediate-leave enabled on that VLAN. I have Flow Control disabled on every port on that VLAN.

I've got IGMP v3 enabled on the switch stack and the NVX devices.

Weirdly enough, when I run a show ip igmp command, it tells me IGMP admin mode is disabled. It also says the IGMP Interface-Mode Status for every VLAN is "Disabled" and the Operational-Status is "Non-Operational"

What gives?



No comments:

Post a Comment