Friday, March 15, 2019

Help With A APC 1000XL UPS

So long story short, I bought a server cabinet of eBay as I needed to expand my current Server setup. The guy who I bought the cabinet off also had an old UPS. He wanted to sell it for £20, I thought to screw it and said sure. The worst thing that was going to happen was that it was not going to work and I had wasted £20.

So to the part where I need help. When I got home I pressed the test button and the UPS powered up for a second beeped and then shutdown. I had originally assumed this was because the UPS battery had no power and therefore shut down. However, when I plugged the UPS into the wall and then tried to turn it back on, nothing happened no lights and no beeps. I had thought this might have been because there was no load so nothing was going to happen because of this. So I plug an old computer up to it and then retired, however still no luck.

The UPS is an APC 1000XL If anyone knows why the UPS won't power up, any help would be greatly appreciated or if the UPS is just dead.

Thanks, Guys

edit: Ok, so I've just found a smart plug that had power monitoring that I had laying around and connected the UPS to that see if it was pulling any power from the wall. And currently, it doesn't seem to be drawing any power. I know the cable that is plugged into the UPS is good. Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment