Thursday, March 7, 2019

Guest captive portal

I have an issue with guests hitting our guest WiFi captive portal. We use clearpass as the guest auth server and we also use clearpass guest sponsor feature where an employee must accept a Guest WiFi request so we can garentee “safer or restricted access”. I tested this portal on my personal laptop/ work laptop/ bunch of phones / other random pc and it work perfectly. However our visitors keep finding ways to break the drop down list that contains approved sponsors that is populated by ad group membership. I know IE works 50% of the time and since Microsoft called quits on IE and edge I been telling users to use chrome or Firefox and that now becoming an issue. Does anyone know if dropdown list in clearpass guest self registration are reliable or is this just policies on other company assists breaking the dropdown list? I don’t think I have enough experience to say it our guest pc configuration fault or it ours because clearpass has a bug or something.



No comments:

Post a Comment