Saturday, March 9, 2019

Cisco to HP/Aruba

Title is basically what I am asking.

We have all Cisco switches currently and looking to replace a few aging ones in edge closets. (Mostly 3750X's and 2960S's)

Some of the vendors I have spoken with have pushed HP/Aruba. Personally, I haven't worked with them before but have heard good things. I have worked with Extreme and like their products and support.

I am OK with Cisco, however the price difference is significant. We are working on establishing a cycle of renew and replace roughly every 4-5 years. Thinking about replacing 25% of our switches every year to keep them all up to date. The cost savings over the years add up pretty fast.

For what it's worth, we're a K12 institute, and we have a pretty simple network. Voice VLAN, Guest SSID VLAN, a couple other VLAN's for security/HVAC, etc.

Anyone have thoughts on going HP/Aruba instead of Cisco? Any reason I should stay with Cisco? Any potential compatibility issues over the next 3-4 years as we phase out the Cisco hardware?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!



No comments:

Post a Comment