Thursday, March 21, 2019

Cisco 2960x line. What's the IOS version you've had the most luck with regarding dot1x/MAB support?

I've been having issues where ports that are configured to use MAB and/or dot1x are failing the switch between them. I've set order to MAB>Dot1x, and priority Dot1x>MAB. However, devices aren't getting IPs when switching, and other connectivity problems are arising.

I suspected it could be an IOS thing, as this has been going on for a long time (but I just left out MAB unless it was needed per port), but we do need it to support some other functionalities of ISE authentication.

So, does anyone use dot1x/MAB with ISE (or Clearpass, I'm not picky) on 2960x Cisco switches and not have issues? If so, what version are you running, and what does your average dot1x enabled port config look like?



No comments:

Post a Comment