Thursday, February 7, 2019

Would seeing this output cause you concern?

So, I had an intermittent problem where I would lose my connection to a host. I would run a ping for a couple of minutes and eventually, pings would stop coming back for a minute or 2. Not being in Ops anymore but still having my access to the hardware, I decide to have a look, as it feels like a layer 2 problem. So I do a sh mac add add xxxx.yyyy.zzzz while ping are dropping. here is the output

sh mac add add xxxx.yyyy.zzzz

vlan mac address type learn age ports

------+----------------+--------+-----+----------+--------------------------

switch 1 Module 4:

* 2 xxxx.yyyy.zzzz dynamic Yes 0 g1/1/3

Ops is dicking me around: We can't reproduce the problem, so no problem. G1/1/3 is not on module 4 and it is the FAST-HELLO port for the VSS.



No comments:

Post a Comment