Wednesday, February 6, 2019

When should I start doing Cisco Labs and/or GNS3

First post, bear with me..

Alright so a little backstory on me

I am in the AF and have just graduated tech school for Cyber Transport Systems (basically networking/sys adm/computer security) 6 weeks ago, got my Sec + cert and am currently looking at furthering my knowledge about networking on my own time.

While at tech school we got to play around with simulations similar to what I assume GNS3 and Cisco labs provides. But after looking at some of the labs I feel as if there are a bunch of things that weren't taught to me that I feel like I should know. I know basic routing and switching, vlans. BGP and such but don't know a thing about how to analyze packets or how to even read a log.

My question is this, should I go ahead and start with the labs anyway having the basic routing/switching knowledge that I do have and try and learn hands on how to setup a network and connect it myself? Or do you think there are specific classes online that I should be looking at first before I attempt to do any labs?



No comments:

Post a Comment