Friday, February 22, 2019

What would cause a Windows 2012 R2 server to send to wrong MAC address?

I have Windows servers replicating across a non-routed network. All servers on this network are layer 2 adjacent. Traffic that leaves the production interface is fine but all traffic that leaves the replication interface has a destination MAC address of the core switch instead of the adjacent servers. This causes ICMP redirects from the core switch and packet loss. I've tried adding static ARP entries and the server just ignores them and still sends to the MAC of the core switch. I'm at a loss. My next step is to just blow away the interfaces and recreate them but I'd like any other suggestions first so I don't have to wait until the next Change Control windows.

Edit: All Servers are configured on the 172.19.220.0/24 network. All masks are correct. There is no gateway address configured on the interface. ARP table is being populated with correct MAC entries but they are being *ignored*.



No comments:

Post a Comment