Thursday, February 7, 2019

Virtualization at the edge -approach, issues and concerns

Hi guys

How do you deal with the virtualization at the edge or in hub sites. Today I had an interesting discussion with my colleagues about this. The conclusion (theirs) was that we do not virtualize at the edge because the support model is going to be a nightmare. More exactly we will have a Cisco UCS that can run virtual appliances for us but the Host OS will not be supported by our team and then there will be issues around that (each support team pointing to each other).
Another concern was who does the backup for these devices and any other support activities that require hands and eyes in the remote locations (hub sites or edge)

To be honest I think that this is a non issues but since I have no experience with these I thought I would ask around to see what others think. Please share your opinion and experinece



No comments:

Post a Comment