Thursday, February 21, 2019

Using Interface PPPOE and IP?

Hi Team,

I have a question about a config that I am playing with.

I have a Cisco router's G8 interface connected to a modem. The router has a dialer interface that establishes a PPPOE connection through the modem. The dialer gets the ip of 172.16.1.10/30 This works perfectly.

The modem also has a web page interface. The problem is that this page is hosted on 172.16.0.250 If I add a static ip address of 172.16.0.200/24 to the G8 interface, I can reach web page from computers behind the router.

With this config, I am now using the G8 interface for both the traffic going through the dialer and traffic accessing the modems web page.

Is this the best way to solve this problem? Are there any dangers with this config?

Thanks for your help guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment