Thursday, February 14, 2019

Should i be concerned

So I have been working as a NE and some days I feel over my head.

We recently hired a senior level to help me out and give me some more guidance to grow. So he interviewed great but I was reserved about him. He stated that he had racked and stacked, and was familiar with cabling.

This is where the problems started, I was covered up with work so my manager off loaded a simple switch config and cabling job to him.

He didn't even know what cage nuts were.... WTF he came back and told us that the brand new fiber run was bad. We asked how he knew and he stated the links didn't come up. Asked if he ran a light test then he asked what's that. He didn't know you had to swap one end of the fiber. Imean really should I be worried?



No comments:

Post a Comment