Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Phone call alerting

So this isn't networking per se but I think of it as "layer 0".

Can anyone recommend a service that can call more than one cell phone if a particular email message is received?

My nightmare scenario is for power to go out at our main site in the middle of the night, the generator doesn't start for whatever reason and our data center goes on UPS and then run out of juice. Yes power chute can shut most things down, but not everything. And I want to avoid a shutdown if possible. Regular email alerts won't suffice - I and my team will sleep right through them. If we get alerted, we can remote onto the generator and try to command it to turn on and then we'd shutdown down all our systems if the generator won't start. Ideally I'd love to exclude the weekly generator run tests from these phone alert blasts. Also helpful would be if the alert calls would come from the same number all the time so I can make sure any calls from that number blast my phones ringer at full volume.

Thanks again in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment