Friday, February 22, 2019

Options for router in a residential building

I'm a computer engineering student, and I have some networking experience with OpenWRT at home and with Cisco equipment in networking courses. An acquaintance is asking me to help them setup a shared business connection between units in their apartment building (10-15 apartments from what I understand). Our (my) plan is to run CAT cable to each apartment, provide each apartment with a SOHO router, connect everything to an Ethernet switch in the basement and to the edge router.

My problem is that I'm not really familiar with business-grade routers, do you have any leads as far as the type/model of router that I should get? My other option is to buy a high-end SOHO router and use that as an edge router, but I'm concerned about throughput and durability (we plan to use a gigabit fiber connection).



No comments:

Post a Comment