Thursday, February 14, 2019

Monitoring Traffic with GNS3

So I built a network with a couple of routers in GNS3, but 20 routers running all at the same time chokes my laptop. I tried running the routers and appliances on AWS, this has been successful so far, would you have recommendations on how to monitor the traffic on my routers in the cloud using real-world monitoring tools e.g Solarwinds, ThousandEyes, OF5.

I can do this locally (hook up gns3 with vmware) using a vm with said tools but clouds don't generally support nested vms.

Would you have recommendations on how I can proceed with this? I prefer virtual labs as I don't have the money to spare nor the space on a shared flat to setup a home lab with 20 routers.

Thank you. I've been losing sleep over this trying different solutions to have a lab environment that's close to real-world including tools etc.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment