Thursday, February 7, 2019

How Are You Managing Smart Licensing Internet Access Requirements On Your Network Kit?

Since smart licensing is just a new annoying thing I have to take care of, and I am wondering how you guys are managing internet access for all your kit so that it can reach the smart license servers? It seems very annoying that I need my kit to "speak to the internet" in order to use my licensing. I'd rather my management access of my kit did not have internet access, but now I've got no choice. I am therefore wondering how you guys are managing this BS internet-access requirement for your switches/routers/fws? So far I'm basically just using a NAT overload to give it internet access. I'm wondering if there is some proxy, or more elegant method of keeping your kit in contact with the smart-license servers?



No comments:

Post a Comment