Thursday, February 28, 2019

Excessive Transmitted / Received Pause Frames on Procurve Switch

Been looking at the switches in my organisation, and can't help to notice that some switches are throwing up "Received Pause Frames" and some - "Transmitted Pause Frames". We're using HP Procurve 1810-24G switches at the edge and Cisco 3750X stacked at the core. The switches are linked to the 3750X by a single cable as a trunk. I'm not sure whether this is the cause.

Here's a screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/MIFUqar.png

As the "systems / infra guy" is "afraid" to let me touch - just about anything - (its political - he even threatened to ask me to sign a resignation drafted by him! After uncovering his security lapses/practices) - I can only just check and take note until i'm given the authority by the management to rectify this.



No comments:

Post a Comment