Friday, February 22, 2019

Ever made a huge mistake you wish aired as a Southwest Commercial?

I wiped our config from our main fortigate fw being an idiot (the short version of this story). I am new on the job and am slowly trying to feel out the network. Noticed the last config backed up on the fw was 1.5 years ago and for some reason the previous admin never backed it up with Orion after that point. Needless to say the old config was better than no config but we lost a shitload of policies and now I have to recofigure our S2S tunnels (there’s only 5 and the sites are low on the pecking order of being operational). Needless to say, I am trying to figure out based on the old config that had to be restored, what needs be changed or added back in. My boss was weirdly calm about it and I am wondering if it will hit them tomorrow that there is a lot of shit that won’t work right after this fiasco. Any pointers on how I can properly triage this problem are appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment