Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Dynamic Routing - Route Map vs distribute-list

I am in the process of redesigning our dynamic routing on some of the core switches using EIGRP (yes I know I should move to something else but am stuck with it for now). These switches peer with a MPLS router on a separate EIGRP process/AS from everything else, which I need to advertise 2 static routes.

Normally I would just use a distribute-list to control which routes are advertised, however I am trying to work out if I am better using a route map, which is something I never had to use before. I understand route maps can do additional things such as set metrics, tags etc, however when I have attempted these before they have not worked as I expected (settings tags worked, but the metrics did not seem to work as intended).

Could I ask what people would recommend? Stay with distribute-lists or use a route map.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment