Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Connecting two Cisco switches via Access Ports

Hello All,

I know there is many forum posts on this topic, just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a topology in which my switch is being connected to a client's switch. Both sides of the link are access ports but configured on different VLANs.

We have a computer in a remote building connected to their switching infrastructure and we are hoping it will grab an IP from DHCP from our router. I made a quick and dirty diagram of what is going on.

When traffic enters my switch on the port configured as Access for VLAN5, is the port tagging that traffic as VLAN5 and hopefully should grab a DHCP address from the appropriate scope, the same way as any other client would if they were directly connected to my switch on a port configured as Access for VLAN5?

https://imgur.com/YKmFy6W



No comments:

Post a Comment