Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Connecting two Cisco switches via Access Ports

Hello All,

​

I know there is many forum posts on this topic, just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a topology in which my switch is being connected to a client's switch. Both sides of the link are access ports but configured on different VLANs.

​

We have a computer in a remote building connected to their switching infrastructure and we are hoping it will grab an IP from DHCP from our router. I made a quick and dirty diagram of what is going on.

​

When traffic enters my switch on the port configured as Access for VLAN5, is the port tagging that traffic as VLAN5 and hopefully should grab a DHCP address from the appropriate scope, the same way as any other client would if they were directly connected to my switch on a port configured as Access for VLAN5?

​

https://imgur.com/YKmFy6W



No comments:

Post a Comment