Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Company Doing a Vulnerability Scan Wants VPN Access

We have a security assessment coming up and I was told they need VPN access into our internal network to do a vulnerability scan and I'm not sure what to set up. I was thinking about a Clientless SSL VPN connection but I'm not sure. The company emailed me and said they just need remote access and will be connecting to an Ubuntu server to run the vuln scan.

Any tips on what to do? They didn't really give me much information.

My company firewall: ASA 5510 using ASDM 7.2

Edit: So I was informed that a Site-Site might be the way to go. This is what I have right now.

IPsec Site-Site

Peer IP Address: 123.123.123.123 (company"s public IP)

Connection Name: 123.123.123.123 (company's public IP)

Interface: Outside

Protected Networks

Local Network: Not sure what to put here. I'm used to putting a certain IP but I assume a vuln scan needs the entire
network

Remote network: 123.123.123.123 (company's public IP)

IPsec Enabling

Group Policy Name: DefaultGrpPolicy

|x| Enable IPsec

IKE Authentication

PSK: ******

Device Certificate: None

Encryption Algorithms

IKE Policy:

IPsec Proposal: 3des-sha



No comments:

Post a Comment