Thursday, February 7, 2019

Cisco ISE Guest Identification

ISE Version: 2.3

Portal Type: Self-Registration

Issue: Would like a way to tie MAC address to Guest Usernames

I'm failing here. I have a user I need to track down but I cannot find them in any of the ISE Reports I have searched. Either the identity field shows up blank or has the MAC Address as the username. I cannot find who this MAC address is registered to. The AUP Acceptance Status, although we require an AUP at the time of registering an account, it has never shown a Username if the user went through the self-registration portal. I have also checked Radius Accounting, Authentications, and everything under Guest reports. It seems like the username will pop up at random when they authenticate to the guest wireless network. I very well realize this may have not been set up correctly.

I wish there was a way to see what ISE knows; which devices are tied to which Guest account since there is a limit of concurrent device connections per guest user.



No comments:

Post a Comment