Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Attempting to understand Cicso site2site VPN. Need some help.

EDIT: Upon further reading, it looks like everyone with this Pace 5268 gateway have problems passing VPN traffic, so they all switched to Arris NVG599 and put it in passthough mode and the problem disappeared.

Forgive me, I am not a networking guy. I am attempting to set up a Cisco site2site VPN from my house to my office.

I purchased two Cisco RV130 routers.

At my house I was able to turn my Comcast modem/gateway into pass through mode so that the RV130 works as the main router.

But at my office we have AT&T and the Pace 5268 gateway doesn't have any pass though or bridge modes. The best it can do is "DMZ+" mode.

The way I understand it is that I need to tell my Office RV130 what my Home RV130 WAN address is, and vice versa, so that they can connect to each other.

The problem I see is that when I program the Home RV130 and provide it with my Office WAN address, it's actually pointing to the Pace 5268 and not the RV130 at the Office.

Am I going to need a gateway at the office that will offer true passthough mode to make this work? Or is it possible to get it working with this DMZ+ mode? Or maybe I am an idiot and just misunderstanding things...



No comments:

Post a Comment