Thursday, February 7, 2019

ASR as a b2bua

I've been chucked into the deep end with a project that's completely new to me. Been tasked with building a voip solution utilising Cisco ASR as a sort of SBC via inbound and outbound dial peers.

I understand how dial peers work, they match on a pattern and then define a session target. Correct?

This is where I'm not 100% sure..... Say we have a number of different voice carriers coming into our network, we've been asked to provide them with 2 X /27 subnets, one which we will target, and one which they will target. If I'm correct in thinking, what the IP addressing behind our leg of the ASR/SBC is actually irrelevant. As long as they hit the ASR/SBC then the dial peers will ascertain what the other leg of the call actually goes to?

Can anyone help fill in the gaps of my knowledge?



No comments:

Post a Comment