Friday, February 1, 2019

Anyone have a working OSPF alert in LibreNMS?

Hi,

I have posted on the LibreNMS forums with no success. I need to enable OSPF alerting, but am lost on how to get it to behave in the manner in which I want.

I have the following rule:

(ospf_nbrs.ospfNbrState != ""full"" AND ospf_nbrs.ospfNbrState != "'twoWay"" AND macros.device_up = 1) 

This is fine for any neighbor that is not reaching full adjacency. But when a neighbor goes down, the entry is removed from the ospf_nbrs mysql table. This means that the alert does not trigger if a neighbor goes completely down.

As a work around, I could create a rule that is based on OSPF neighbor count, but this is cumbersome and requires a rule written for a variety of different devices with varying neighbor count.

Is there another table or setting in Libre that I can reference if a neighbor goes down? I am migrating from Solarwinds, and this is literally the last thing keeping me from turning off Solarwinds completely.

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment