Thursday, January 3, 2019

WiFi Bottleneck Issues

Hi Everyone --

We currently have this setup currently managed by a hospitality WiFi company:

1G Internet <-> Peplink Balance 305 (w/ Internet Failover) <-> HP ProCurve MSM760 <-> Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 <-> Gigabit Switches (Aruba 2530s) <-> Ruckus R500/R600 APs

We have a ton of transient guests (as we operate like a hotel) with on average 150-200 devices on the entire network. However, I can barely stream YouTube TV on the device when the traffic is relatively light and it's driving me nuts.

I had a few other WiFi companies give RFPs but they are all over the place from no changes to a complete hardware overhaul. I personally don't think the coverage is an issue but I have a feeling there's a bottleneck somewhere (MSM?).

Does the sub have any thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment