Wednesday, January 2, 2019

SNMP reachability monitoring

Hello,

i am setting up librenms. About 40 devices so far, Huawei/HPE mix.

About half of them got big gaps in graphs - > librenms gives me snmp reading problem.

When device is snmp down from librenms point of view, i can ping it on snmp port, but snmpwalk is not working (connection timeout). After few minutes, it works again.

Is there some way/script how to check snmp reachibility? I dont want to read whole snmp information, just to check that it responds to snmpwalk.

I would like to run this against all devices in my network from various places, so i have more info what is working, what not and troubleshoot it further.

My google-fu fails me for this one, i dont want to setup another big tool for this, just some script/small tool where i could see statistics of reachability

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment