Thursday, January 10, 2019

Site-to-site tunnel for transferring windows files (SMB)

Hello network folks, I was wondering something about a project someone has proposed. So we want to image about a few hundred machines here via some program (not sure what it is), but we have hired a 3rd party to do it for us. So I was tasked with creating a l-2-l tunnel from my ASA to that 3rd party company Fortinet firewall. Setup the tunnel, made sure they can access our dns servers, dhcp servers, ssccm servers etc.. Everything works well as of now. I’m just wondering, if they want to do a lot of transferring of data from their corp network to ours over this tunnel…this means transferring these windows computer images over the tunnel to us so they can image our machines…using nothing but windows machines (so this is probably SMB transfers I’m pretty sure)….isn’t there a better way to do this? Isn’t encrypted SMB over this tunnel going to be slow as shi* !? I already know all the complaints will come to me saying “why is this transfer slow???” Am I just complaining here or is this not a good method to use?



No comments:

Post a Comment