Thursday, January 31, 2019

Passive Monitoring Tool with Graphical Data Output

Has anyone found software that ingests packet captures like Wireshark, but makes customizable graphs?
Solarwinds came out and tried to sell me on their software, but I don't want SNMP or anything reaching out into my operational network. I just want a windows workstation to take in packets from a monitor port on one of my backbone switches that shows all traffic and display the results in graphical form.
Wireshark works great for troubleshooting and identifying issues, but I wanted to stand up a constantly running graphical display of typical traffic and connectivity to a multitude of sites and systems. Does this exist?
I read the post about Scapy, but that doesn't seem to fit the bill, as I'm looking for a packaged windows application, even one that would work in conjunction with Wireshark.



No comments:

Post a Comment