Thursday, January 24, 2019

NFS and hard links

Here's my setup. I have a Windows 10 PC sharing files through the NFS protocol. I'm using haneWIN to do this.

Some of my files are hard linked files. One link in the shared folder and another in a separate downloads folder on the same drive.

I'm using Sonarr to manage my torrent downloads. Once my files finish downloading Sonarr creates a hard link of the file in the appropriate folder, with the appropriate file name. The original file stays in the downloads folder to be seeded. So two "files", but they share the same cluster on the hard drive. therefore only taking up the space of one file.

I'm trying to access these files to play on Kodi. All files work except the hard linked files. These same hard linked files work through a samba share.

Do hard linked files and NFS get along? Is there any setting I could change in haneWIN to get this to work?



No comments:

Post a Comment