Friday, January 11, 2019

Network testing - Creating latency, packet loss and UDP fragmentation

Hello all,

I'm dealing with some strangeness in a multicast network for security cameras. Basically the cams stream multicast 24/7 to the entire network. We are experiencing intermittent packet loss, high latency and UDP fragmentation (we think).

I was hoping to setup a lab situation where I can produce different rates of already mentioned latency, packet loss and UDP fragmentation.

From a linux perspective I can pretty easily add latency which I've been doing, effectively routing through a linux box with and using the TC to add latency, and UDP fragmentation has also been sorta easy by adjusting the UDP. The random packet loss is the tricky one. Suggestions on a tool, or linux trick, or any trick to create packet loss?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment