Friday, January 18, 2019

Network Admin Role transition

I submitted my notice to move on to another company. Being the lone network admin at my org has been very taxing for the last year. No vacation and lots of work during off time. I’ve asked numerous times for help/2nd admin. The new org seems much more laid back, smaller, pays more and will have a team of admins. A week after submitting my notice, my manager has been piling on work and requesting long term projects be completed in 4 days due to not having anyone to perform my duties. I’ve been working to make sure everything is documented as much as possible. I don’t want to leave a mess of unfinished projects but I can’t delay a good opportunity to finish them. I was curious as to how some of you in this community have handled this type of situation or have any advice?



No comments:

Post a Comment