Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Need network suggestion for sending telemetry data from sensor/endpoint to local server

I need to wirelessly transfer messages from node/sensor to gateway that would be at most 2km apart from each other. The message would go through gateway to local server. The main information here is I need to work with 40 endpoints (that are present in field) that are sending messages to the local server. Here are some requirements for the system that would be nice to have:

  • I am currently working with 40 nodes that wake up every 1 minute. So I would like to have battery life of at least 3-5 years.
  • I would like to have 95% accuracy from the node.
  • A fully bi-directional messaging feature is the goal.

I have worked with bluetooth, LoRa and sigfox. Unfortunately none of them worked well either due to range or one-directional messaging capability. I am currently looking in to Haystack Dash7 and Symphony Link but their online community is quite small. I would like to know what other technologies within LPWAN or aside from LPWAN I can use that would fit the aforementioned requirements?



No comments:

Post a Comment